In my household, the way to a happy belly is with breakfast. We are a morning people family. We like to sleep in, but we also like to #treatyoself. So this is how I balance that. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, and all the #treatyoselfs that go along with it!
I'm all about pancakes with berries mixed in. I've been making pancakes like this for years, and it's one of my ultimate favorite pancake recipes. These pancakes are the bomb! I think the key is the fresh berries. The strawberries are sweet, the blueberries make it a little bit tart, and the raspberries add some texture and jammy goodness all in one bite. It's like a celebration in your mouth.
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (180g) buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (150g) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (75g) fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup (75g) fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup (75g) fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the berries.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt a little butter in the skillet and use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the edges are set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup or your favorite pancake toppings.