I know you might think that’s a funny combination, but trust me when I say it’s amazing! I’ve been doing these on our campfires for years. They’re SOOO good. I just love that creamy, smooth, and slightly sweet taste of the marshmallows melting over the top of the hot melted chocolate. It’s heaven.
If you’re camping with friends, or even family, these smores are a hit. They’ll disappear in just a few minutes. My husband and I have been know to eat at least 8 mushroom smores in one sitting. Just one after the other. I’m not even kidding.
I just used regular white button mushrooms but the larger Champignon would work well too. I added the Worcestershire to give it a little extra flavour, but you can leave it out if you want to. If you’re not a fan of Worcestershire, you could add a little garlic or onion powder.
I used my Marshmello Chocolate Melting wafers for the chocolate, but you could also use a bar of dark chocolate. If you’re serving these at home I’d use dark chocolate, because the melty marshmallows will melt the chocolate – and it might be a bit too rich, even for my taste.
What are your Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions? Do you have any “old school” favorites like the ones I have?
What are your favorite Cheese Potatoes?
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, celery, carrots, and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, basil, oregano, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced by half again, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheeses and cook until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the marshmallows are melted and golden brown, about 5 minutes.