I know what you’re thinking: what in the world is a Beach Brownie? Because I sure didn’t know until I tried these. I was looking for a beach theme for these brownies, but nothing was really jumping out at me. What I loved about these brownies though, aside from the fact that they were super cute (and easy), was the flavor, texture, and ease.
I wanted them to be light and not too rich, but still something you’d want to snuggle up with and watch a movie or read a good book. It’s funny because once I made them, I totally imagined snuggling up on the beach with a good book and a cup of coffee.
Beach Brownies, woo hoo!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (not chips)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.