I’m not sure I’ve ever met a person who doesn’t like Marzipan. If you’re unfamiliar with this delicious treat, Marzipan is usually made from ground almonds and sugar. But it can also be made with other nuts or even fruit. Basically you can swap out almonds for any other nut or any other fruit. I have a friend who makes marzipan with peaches and almonds that’s out of this world!
Marzipan is super versatile. It’s like a blank canvas. You can roll it out and use it to make whatever you want. I have a few recipes for candies and other treats made with marzipan, but today I’ve got a mix and match version.
The thing I love about this mix and match marzipan is that you can use any nuts, or dried fruit, or chocolate you want. I’ve included a few of my favorite combinations, but you can really use whatever you want and create your own!
I’m not going to lie, I like the marzipan straight from the fridge. I enjoy it that way, but you can also let it sit out for a few minutes and soften. Then you can mix in any flavors you want or roll out and work with it. The options are endless.
I enjoyed the holidays this year. It was so nice to have my family in town and spend time with everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season as well!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine almond flour and powdered sugar in a food processor and pulse a few times until combined.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper and sprinkle the top of the dough with powdered sugar.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.