I am 100% obsessed with this candy. Naughty Naked Nougat is not a hard candy, it’s not a lollipop, it’s not a butterscotch, and it’s not a taffy. It’s all of those things and so much more. It is, indeed, a sweet nougat candy with a butterscotch flavor that will blow your taste buds away.
It makes you feel like you are eating candy that you shouldn’t have. A bit naughty and yet oh so nice. It’s chewy and soft, but not too soft that it breaks apart in your mouth – it just melts and melts in your mouth. The flavor is super strong and the aroma is sweet and tangy. I seriously love this candy. I have it every single year at Christmas, and I’m so glad I found it.
I can’t wait to try it on ice cream, or just have a handful because it’s so good. I really like that it has a butterscotch flavor, because butterscotch is my absolute favorite. And the texture is just perfect. It’s hard to describe. You just need to get it and see for yourself. Don’t miss out!
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add peanut butter and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set and the center should be soft and fudgey.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into squares and serve.