You guys know how much I love salsa. I have way too many recipes, I’m sure, but I’m always trying to think of new ways to make salsa. We grew some yellow onions this year and I decided to make a salsa with them. It’s a very simple recipe and is perfect for the summer. If you grow your own onions, this is a great way to use up some of them. And if you don’t grow your own, the yellow onions you get at the grocery store are perfect for this. I made this last week and it was so good on my nachos. I can’t wait to eat the rest of the jar!
- 6 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for burgers or sandwiches.