I made these cute Parrot & Pineapple Kabobs for my daughter’s class for a Hawaiian-themed luau party. The kids loved them! And, they were pretty simple to make. I love that these little kabobs got everybody in the Hawaiian spirit.
Print Parrot & Pineapple Kabobs Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 10 kabobs Ingredients 1 cup pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces
10 mini marshmallows
1 cup coconut, sweetened
10 cocktail toothpicks, or wooden skewers Instructions Use a small knife to cut slits in the pineapple pieces. Insert a marshmallow into each pineapple piece. Then, cut the coconut into small strips. Thread the skewers with the skewers with the pineapple, then a marshmallow, then a piece of coconut. Repeat until all of the skewers are full. Notes For a printable version of this recipe click here 3.1 http://sweetandspicyblog.com/2014/12/03/christmas-recipes-cheesy-potato-casserole-and-more/
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup of chopped cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, bell pepper and cilantro to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken, bell pepper, pineapple and cilantro onto skewers.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Serve with chopped scallions, peanuts and cashews.