I just love the bite of sea bass, and the creamy textures and flavors of the avocado, tomato, and cheese in this recipe. The best part of this version is that it’s easy to make and it’s so pretty to look at. If you’re entertaining, this will make your dinner guests happy. I vow to never buy the breaded frozen ones in the market again.
- 4 6 oz. Grouper fillets
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season both sides of the grouper fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the grouper fillets and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the grouper to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and parsley to the skillet and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the bananas, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture over the grouper fillets and serve immediately.