All of the flavor of a popular classic cocktail, without the alcohol.
This is my new favorite mocktail. It has all of the flavor of a classic swanky cocktail but none of the alcohol, and it’s incredibly easy to make. I’m in love with it because it has SO much flavor and it’s perfect for serving to guests. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, you really taste the citrus, the herbs, and it’s very refreshing. It’s not too strong either which is nice. Just the right amount of punch and flavor.
And since it’s not overly sweet it’s also pretty versatile. I love it with the grapefruit juice but you could easily use lemon or lime. I like mint or orange in mine to give it an extra kick, but I think it would also be nice with lemon balm, thyme, or sage.
For this recipe I used a Meyer lemon but regular lemons would work too. I love the floral notes of a Meyers but that’s really just a personal preference.
I’m not big on cocktails, alcohol in general really, but this is SO good I keep craving it! If you’re not a cocktail drinker or perhaps you are on a Friday night but you’d rather not be drunk, this is a great alternative. It’s a great mocktail recipe for New Years, Christmas, or really any occasion that calls for a festive beverage.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in water, lemon juice, orange juice, honey, rosemary and vodka (if using).
- Shake vigorously and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and enjoy!