Oh my goodness, these almond chocolate cinnamon rolls are the best. They’re soft, fluffy, buttery, and loaded with chocolate, almonds, and cinnamon. The icing is the perfect touch to the whole thing. So you can start the morning off with a healthy breakfast and finish it off (if you can wait that long) with these amazing rolls.
Just look at the beauty of them! And I’m all for healthy and delicious breakfast recipes. So it’s always great to find them.
I’ve definitely been on a roll lately. So punny! (I couldn’t really help myself. I know I know.) I’ve been super lucky to share some of my favorite recipes with you all. Now I’ve got another one to add to my list. I’ve shared a few other breakfast recipes and I just love this time of year. It’s a fun time to share recipes that you can make with the whole family. Or even just on your own.
So if you’re looking for something to make for breakfast, you’ve got to give this recipe a try. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (42g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (20g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (80g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (55g) mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (55g) chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60g) honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. It will be thick and shouldn't be sticky. Add the buttermilk and mix until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped almonds (if using) and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, cinnamon and honey. Mix well.
- Pour the butter mixture over the batter in the pan and use a knife to gently swirl the butter mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.